You have no items in your shopping basket.
Tile Backer Board 6mm x 1200 x 600
Tile Backer Board 6mm x 1200x600
Tile Backer Boards provide a strong yet lightweight substrate base for applying tiles to walls. The boards can be fixed onto either timber or metal studwork in place of plasterboard.
Alternatively, they can be used instead of plywood for covering old tiles and plaster, which means there is no need to remove the surface and re-plaster.
Tile Backer Boards feature glass fibre reinforced cement coating on both sides and are often referred to as cement boards in the trade.
The construction of the board results in a strong, waterproof and sturdy substrate panel, that is far easier and faster to work with that other building material boards such as MDF, plywood and plasterboard.
- Extremely strong and durable
- Smooth glass fibre reinforced surface
- Quick To Install
- Lightweight extruded Polystyrene core
- Great insulation solution for wet rooms and dry lining buildings
- Tile backer boards create a waterproof barrier behind the tiles
- This concrete coating adds strength and rigidity to the board, creating a smooth and durable surface that is ideal for the application of tile adhesive and grout
- Available in 3 thickness options to accommodate a variety of applications
- These panels are designed specifically for tilling and provides a secure base that will take substantially more weight than traditional tiling surfaces
- The smooth face is ideal for tiling onto as soon as the panels are installed and provides a base that ensures maximum adhesion of adhesive or grout
- Fit directly over the existing surface or secure onto the studwork in place of plasterboard
- Lightweight and easy to work with, making it quick and easy to get the panels installed and ready to tile onto
- Unlike other surfaces, you can rest assured that the structure that the tiles are adhered to will not rot
- Pack Quantity: 1
- Size: 1200mm x 600mm
- Material: Extruded Polystyrene Core with Cement Coating
Thickness: 3 options available in 6mm, 10mm and 12mm
Use appropriate screws and fixings as there are no installation instructions.
No warranty is given nor is it implied that any building material product we offer is fit for any particular purpose. As we have no control over the way our products are used, customers must ascertain for themselves that an item is suitable for the intended purpose.